When your baby first starts to teeth it can be hard to find ways to sooth his/her sensitive mouth. Here are some homemade, natural teething remedies to help your child grow out that perfect smile! Feel free to play with different shapes depending on your baby teething order.
Cereal Baby Teething Cookies
- 1⁄4cup molasses
- 1⁄4cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3⁄4cup flour
- 1⁄2 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups infant cereal
- 3 tbsp whole milk
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Grease a cookie sheet or spray with nonstick spray.
3. Lightly cream molasses and butter. Mix in egg and vanilla.
5. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and cereal. Add to the butter mixture.
6. Blend together. Add milk to the mixture. Mix.
7. Drop the batter on the cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
8. Bake 10-12 minutes.
Note: for babies under 12 months, you can easily substitute 2 egg yolks for the 1 whole egg and breastmilk or formula for the whole milk. This is a very flexible recipe, so experiment and enjoy!
Banana & Oats Teething Nibbles
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 cup ground oats (grind oats and make a coarse oat flour)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon or ginger or cardamom (or try it with all 4 spices.)
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup (~2) overripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp oil of choice
1. Mix dry ingredients together.
2. Mix wet ingredients together.
3. Add wet ingredients to dry.
4. Drop by the spoonful onto parchment paper or greased baking sheet.
5. Bake for 12-15 min at 350F.
Apple Baby Teething Crackers
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup steel cut oats (grind oats in blender till they're a flour consistency)
- 1 cup organic apple sauce (be sure it's thick or drain any liquid part)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp each of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and vanilla extract.
- 1 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (optional)
1. Mix dry ingredients together.
2. Add in syrup and melted oil.
3. Form date-like shapes and place on a greased baking sheet or parchment paper.
4. Bake at 350F for 30-45 minutes, depending on your oven.
5. Flip them halfway through so that you have a nice golden crisp on both sides of biscuit.
6. Store in uncovered dish for at least 24 hours which will harden them further.
7. You can also put them in a freezer and serve cold for extra teething relief!
Sweet Potato Baby Teething Biscuits For Infants
*This recipe is a personal favorite and I believe it's the best teething biscuits for babies I've ever tried.
- 1 cup infant oatmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup pureed cooked sweet potato or pumpkin (you can also use mashed banana or avocado)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (or other oil)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 5 tbsp water
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Dump all ingredients except water in a bowl and mash them up with a spoon or by hand.
3. Add water one tablespoon at a time, mix while adding. Keep adding water until dough is sticky and holds together well. Blend dough well until there are no big chunks or flour pockets.
4. Dust a surface with flour and roll out the dough to 1/2-1/4″ thickness.
5. Use a cookie cutter to cut into shapes.
Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 15-20 minutes (until brown and hard — they shouldn’t look raw or chewy).
7. Cool biscuits and store in the refrigerator, or freezer.